Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tabitha's PowerPoint presentation

Last month during an Active Employment Counsel meeting, I presented this power point presentation below for my job-seeker, Tabitha McClain. The AEC is an excellent way for local business owners to use their contacts to help job-seekers find employment.

Tabitha has a unique communication style, and doesn't enjoy talking in front of groups of people. Instead of Tabitha forcing herself to do something she felt very uncomfortable doing, we decided to take pictures at her house and make a PowerPoint, so they could know a little about her. And she made sure I did my job, by being my editor. A gerbil and a hamster looks the same to me, but she let me know they're not! Now I know.

It was a good way to keep her involved in this process- it is her life after-all. And we were able to use some creativity to customize this job hunt experience for her.

From the meeting, we now have some interesting job leads to follow, that helps to give us a focus for the future.

You can click on the presentation below and forward through the slides at your own pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment